Paycheck Protection Program Loans
We have exciting news! Our trusted strategic partner Opportunity Fund is accepting applications for PPP loans. If you did NOT receive a PPP loan for your business in 2020, you can now apply for a first PPP loan here!
If you received a PPP loan previously and are interested in a “second draw” loan, it will likely be easiest to apply for more funds through your original lender. However, if your original lender is not accepting second draw applications or you prefer to apply with Opportunity Fund, they would be more than happy to help with your application. You can apply here, select “Start new application” and, when asked, indicate that you have already received a PPP loan.
Tips for a speedy approval:
- In addition to what is requested in the portal, when uploading “Tax Filings” please also upload:
- Your most recent business bank account statement (January 2021) AND your business bank statement from February 2020
- Your personal tax returns (2019 is ok, 2020 is preferable even in draft form)
- For payroll documents, the best option is to include your Form 940, otherwise your W-3, and last resort would be all four quarterly 941s.
- Read carefully, enter/upload all required information, and make sure you have initialed and signed where required (e.g. 5&6 on the first page of the application need initials! And the excel loan calculator can be tricky – make sure to enter all required fields)
System & portal troubleshooting:
- The best browser to use is Google Chrome on a computer (rather than mobile device)
- After starting the application, you’ll receive an email from email@example.com asking to confirm your email address. Please check your junk or spam folder. You must follow the link in this email to proceed with your application.
Opportunity Fund will be reviewing applications as soon as they are complete and submitted. If you have questions, you can reach Opportunity Fund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 866-714-1626. You can also refer to our PPP FAQ page.
Meriwest Credit Union’s strategic partner Opportunity Fund
- Opportunity Fund is driven by mission, not profit: As a nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution, Opportunity Fund provides affordable capital and responsible financial solutions to hard-working entrepreneurs. They have over 25 years' experience serving small business owners who are primarily people of color, women, and immigrants.
- Opportunity Fund PPP loans reach diverse entrepreneurs: Opportunity Fund PPP borrowers reflected the diversity of small business owners throughout the country. In 2020, their PPP borrowers were 12% Black, 28% Latinx, 23% Asian/Middle Eastern, 36% White, and 1% Native American--and 43% were women (estimated breakdown). Comparatively, the national distribution of PPP loans overwhelmingly favored businesses in majority-white neighborhoods (Brookings Institute).
- Opportunity Fund supports the smallest businesses: Last year, Opportunity Fund’s average PPP loan size was around $14,000, compared to the national average of $107,000.
- Customer-focused: Opportunity Fund is available to provide PPP assistance in English and Spanish 7 days a week, 12 hours a day.
- SBA Direct Lender: Opportunity Fund is a direct SBA lender that handles the full process from application intake, review, submitting to SBA, funding, servicing and loan forgiveness