Licensed Real Estate Professional
Trust and honesty are the two most important characteristics my clients look for when seeking a mortgage professional. They choose me because they trust that I will get them the most honest mortgage package possible while providing them with exceptional customer service and making the process smooth and seamless.
- John has over 20 years of experience with a superb track record of offering exceptional customer service to his clients
- Full time Mortgage Professional with 19 years of mortgage loan consulting experience
- Licensed by the Department of Business Oversight
- Funded over 1,700 loans totaling over a $700 million in loan origination.
- Top Producer in 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012
- Hobbies: "Spending quality time with my family, traveling with my wife, coaching children and watching and playing all different types of sports"
Meriwest Mortgage President's Club member:
2003, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
President's Club status and recognition is based on achieving excellent customer satisfaction ratings and meeting goals
- "John, thank you for making my refi such a great experience. Your professionalism and attention to detail allowed this to close on time and free of stress. I wish you much continued success John. You are the best!! Take care" - Mary O.
- "The fast closing and competitive rates were second to none. This is our 2nd time working with John Souza and Meriwest because he is the best in the the business. Always willing to talk you through any questions, anytime or day needed" - CGH
- "I was buying out a co-owner of my house. Meriwest Mortgage Company helped me find the correct mortgage. They were very patient while I went through negotiations to determine what I would pay for the buyout. Once the amount of the mortgage was determined, they made the process of finalizing the mortgage easy. I truly appreciate all they did for me." - Mary R.
- "As a first time homebuyer, I compared my mortgage options between Meriwest and the "big banks". The difference was stark: the big banks were rigid, unfriendly and demanding. They wanted applications and documentation before speaking to a human. Meriwest was the opposite - warm, friendly, people-centered. John took his time to walk me through the process and was always available via phone or text. I'm so happy my wife and I chose Meriwest!" - Alec D.
- "John did a fabulous job. I appreciated his quick responses to my questions and he was easy to get a hold of any time! He gave me confidence along the way and had such a positive attitude! Thank you!!!" - Jennifer N.
- "Thanks so much again for doing an awesome job - as usual - handling the refi! Laurie and I appreciate your expertise, knowledge, and quick responses. Much appreciated, and a great way to start out the new year." - Tommy and Kristin
- "Thanks, as always, for all your help, John! We really appreciate how easy you made this process out to be." - Greg L.
- "John was extremely professional, informative, timely and a pleasure to work with on our purchase. We would definitely contact him for any future transactions." - Glenn R.
- "We would like to thank you for all your time, efforts and support throughout this long process. Your prompt responses and attention was very much appreciated. And yes we will definitely recommend you! You helped this stressful situation result well." - Kim G.
- "Thank you for having been so patient in guiding me along to get the loan. It was a pleasure working with you. I sure will have no difficulties recommending you to my friends. Thanks again and keep making people happy." - L. De Groot
- "I can't say enough about John Souza. Professional, competent, efficient, responsive and great to work with. I will be working with him for all of my future real estate financing-related needs." - Norman H.
- "Thanks John for all of your help! My wife and I are very grateful to have been supported by such knowledgeable and professional people as yourself." - Nicholas C.
- "John Souza was a key in closing on my investment property, he moves fast and kept me informed every step of the way, thank you John, you will be my loan officer for many years to come." - Hassan K.
- "We are very grateful for your service, and for sure we will recommend you to someone that might need your help" - Bobby & Vivian
- "Wow!! You guys rock! You were there for us when you were the IBM Credit Union and I got downsized from IBM! You helped us to keep our house. Thirty years later, we still have a relationship and your customer service is still just as fantastic!!! Thanks for everything!!!" - Linda and Keith M.
- "John, Thank you for all of your help with the refinance. I sincerely appreciate your efforts and you were great to work with. This was the smoothest refinance I have experienced by far. I will definitely be recommending you to whoever I come across and will be reaching out to you soon to discuss a new purchase for myself." - Norman H.
- "John was professional and effiecent. He kept us well informed of the process. We closed in 14 days and while we were nervous in closing so quickly, John assured us he could get the job done and he did!" - B. Mendelson
- "John was professional, responsive, and friendly. He promised to close in two weeks, and I had competitors who assured me he was bluffing. True to his word and then some, we closed in less than two weeks. An absolute pleasure to work with." - Reno Bowen
- "John Souza from Meriwest is a rock star. My wife and I found the house of our dreams, but it was just outside of our price range. Rather than give up, our realtor (Denise Padilla from Intero - also a rock star) thought we could potentially get a steal of a deal if our lender could close in less than two weeks, since the seller had already moved out and a major priority of his was to close quickly. Oh, and in addition to this, we also could only afford a 10% down payment, so we were working with a 90% LTV ratio. In our offer, we said that we could lift the financing contingency in less than 2 weeks, and this was key in the seller choosing our offer (which was not the highest offer on the table). This time frame is almost unheard of, but John was able to get us there, and we also got a very attractive interest rate through Meriwest. All the while, John was very professional, and had excellent communication with me throughout the entire process (I'm a needy customer so there was a lot of communication!). I felt like I was always up to date with where things stood, and I always had 100% confidence in him. I will recommend John and Meriwest to all of my friends. Thank you!" - Aaron Boynton
- "John Souza has great customer service skills and he was very attentive and informative, as I was a first-time buyer. I felt like I was well taken care of from beginning to end with my mortgage loan." - Nancy MacArthur
- "John was very helpful to me in the process of purchasing my home. He stayed on top of the process and let me know when I needed to respond to anything during the process." - Linda Earls
- “We used John Souza at Meriwest for our mortgage on our second home. We got a better rate than the banks (Wells Fargo, Bank of America and Citibank) could offer – by an eighth of a percent and the closing costs were lower too. Plus, he provided outstanding customer service – every phone call/email was returned in less than one day, and he showed up at our closing in person to walk us through the document signing process. We would gladly use John Souza and Meriwest again and highly recommend them.” - Mark Baller
- “My review is for John Souza at Meriwest mortgage. John is fast fast fast! Even when I didn't need him for my loan 7 months ago, he responded with my emails very quickly. Me and my husband just closed on a home today, and must I say John makes this process a breeze and stress free!! John was able to get our loan fully approved while in contract in 5 days! Keep in mind this is not 5 business days. He started on our loan on a Saturday. So grateful! The market is so competitive now a days... If you are thinking of buying a home, Your offer will look a lot stronger if you can completely remove the loan contingency prior to bidding on a home or have a shorter loan contingency. This makes a huge difference. All the documents I sent him were through the secure website where you have to log in. So he is not only fast but also convenient and secure. Everything he needed from me he would ask me through email me. If it was urgent then he would text me. He delivered on everything he promised. From the low rate, the time it took to remove loan contingency, contacting the title company and home insurance company and all the way to the time of closing. Which is today! I would highly recommend John, because he has so much experience in this field and he delivered on every note! He also is a speaker for the heart loan program out of San Mateo county. Thank you John for making this such a stress free process!”
- "My review is for John Souza - he did an amazing job with our closing...he delivered an outstanding rate, provided professional and personal services and even showed up at our closing to make sure things went smoothly."
- "My husband and I have worked with John Souza several times over the years with refinancing and equity loans. On each occasion, John has been very personable, knowledgeable, prompt, and has given us great service. We hope to continue to work with him, in the future, if the need arises. Thank you, John!"
- "John Souza was a fantastic resource for us in our experience. He was attentive to our questions and needs, and was incredibly personable which made a stressful situation much more manageable. I highly recommend Him!"
Copyright 2020 Meriwest Mortgage Company, LLC. All rights reserved. Meriwest Mortgage Company, LLC is licensed in California by the Department of Financial Protection and Innovation (DFPI), License #4150034, pursuant to Financial Code Section 50121 and 50130(f) of the California residential Mortgage Lending Act and in Arizona by the Arizona State Banking Department, License #BK0904975. We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and Equal Credit Opportunity Act. Membership in Meriwest Credit Union may be required with a one-time, non-refundable $5 fee. Meriwest Credit Union is Federally Insured by NCUA.
Unlock the benefits of banking with Meriwest Credit Union
You can also call us at 877-MERIWEST (877) 637-4937