A Youth Saving Account will help you save for others!
This is a great gift for birthdays, holidays or graduation. A Youth Savings Accounts is a smart way for friends and family to save for their children's future. Consider opening a Youth Savings Account at Meriwest.
- The Youth Savings account is a savings account for a minor held jointly with a parent, guardian, or person over the age of 18*
- Dividends are registered under the child's social security number, with the custodian's name shown only as the custodian
- Earn the same dividend rate as the "You Name It Savings" account
- Youth Savings will automatically be converted to a "You Name It Savings" account when the accountholder reaches 21 years of age
Open this account and join Meriwest all in one process:
You are eligible to join Meriwest Credit Union if any of the following applies
- You live, work, worship, or attend school in Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara counties of Northern California, and Pima county of Arizona.
- You are an employee of a participating Meriwest Credit Union member company.
- You are a relative of or reside with a current member of Meriwest Credit Union.
Are you signed-up for Online Banking?
*The minimum deposit required to open a Youth Savings Account is $5. You must maintain a minimum average daily balance of $5 in the account to obtain the Annual Percentage Yield (APY) set forth on the Rate Schedule. Service fees associated with this account, and how to avoid them, are set forth on the Fee Schedule. Please refer to the Rate Schedule and Fee Schedule for applicable dividend rate, APY, tiers, and fees.
Membership is required with a one-time non-refundable $5 fee.