Solar Your Way with Meriwest!
Accelerate your solar journey with our Go-Solar Loan:
- If you have your solar contractor picked out and are ready to go, our Go-Solar Loan, can be ready in as little as 48 hours.
How it Works
Criteria Go-Solar Loan Loan Security / Collateral None How it Works
You line up your solar provider and then apply for your loan online at Meriwest. You’ll need to upload income documentation, proof of homeownership, and a copy of the solar installment contract.
If approved, funds are available to you within 48 hours.
The solar project installation process You will receive the funds upfront and are responsible for paying the contractor per the terms of your contract. Loan Length Loan terms of 120, 180 or 240 months Annual Percentage Rate Fixed rate loan ranging from 8.10% to 8.20% APR* Maximum Loan Amount Up to $45,000 Initial Promotional Periods None Eligible for Tax Credits or Local Rebates? Yes, you may be eligible for the Federal Energy Tax Credit up to 26% of the total project costs, and you may qualify for additional state or local incentives or rebates offered by your State, City or local utility company.
*APR is Annual Percentage Rate. Rates effective 05/17/2023. Rates may vary with amount financed, term and your credit history.
Membership is required with a one-time non-refundable $5 fee.
Visit our rates page to determine the term that fits your needs. Then click the "APPLY TODAY" button below and proceed to our Personal Loan Application page. Choose ‘Solar Panel Purchase’ as the purpose, enter your loan amount and term, and complete the application. Don’t forget to upload a copy of your solar purchase and installation contract.
You are eligible to join Meriwest Credit Union if any of the following applies
- You live, work, worship, or attend school in Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara counties of Northern California, and Pima county of Arizona.
- You are an employee of a participating Meriwest Credit Union member company.
- You are a relative of or reside with a current member of Meriwest Credit Union.
- If you don’t meet any of the requirements above but live in California or Arizona, you can still join Meriwest with a complimentary membership in the Financial Fitness Association. Call 1-877-637-4937 to learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions
To see our most current rates, view our rates page.
Loan qualifications differ depending on which loan you are applying for. The best way to know if you qualify is to apply!
There is no cost to apply, and our Financial Service Representatives will work with you and discuss your options.
Ready to apply for a loan?
If you are looking for business loans, look no further. Visit our Business Loans page to learn more.
For more information or guidance, contact us.
Meriwest Credit Union's current Certificate Account rates are always online. Visit our Rates page to see our competitive rates.
Below is a list of qualifying products for the Meriwest Merit Rewards Program:
- Share Certificate Accounts
- Share Savings Accounts
- Money Market Accounts
- Auto Loans
- Unsecured Lines of Credit with a Balance
- Personal/Money Manager and Other Unsecured Loans
- Share and Other Secured Loans
- Closed-End Equity Loans
- Home Equity Lines of Credit with a Balance
- Current Meriwest Credit Cards with Monthly Activity
- Meriwest Mortgage Loans (Counts as 2 Products)
- Meriwest Wealth Advisor Accounts (Counts as 2 Products)
Visit our Merit Rewards Program page to learn more.
Earn more for your money with a Certificate Account
If you're looking for an insured product with a guaranteed higher annual dividend rate and you can keep your funds in an account for a longer-term, certificate accounts at Meriwest are the right solutions for you.
If you apply for a loan online, you can receive a loan decision in 60 seconds. In most other cases, we are able to provide a loan decision within 24 hours.
Get the financing you need with Meriwest
We offer personal loans, home equity loans, mortgages, auto loans, and more! If you are looking for business loans, look no further. All business loans offer local approval, competitive rates, flexible repayment terms, and no pre-payment penalties.
Check out our loan options and competitive rates to get started!