First Time Homebuyer Assistance Programs in your Area
CalHFA MyHome Assistance Program
New CalHFA program available through Meriwest Mortgage
Low-to-No Down Payment!
If a down payment is the only thing standing between you and your first home, you’re in luck!
- Finally building equity with your housing payment and benefiting from the rapid increase in Bay Area real estate values.
- Having the same housing payment no matter how crazy the housing market becomes
- Making your home your own … however you like
We can help you make homeownership a reality…
Meriwest Mortgage can help you buy your first home by putting CalHFA MyHome to work to reduce your down payment and closing costs.
These loans are available on homes up to $765,000 that meet these criteria:
- Single-family, one-unit residence, including approved condominium/PUDs
- Guest houses, granny units and in-law quarters may be eligible
- Manufactured housing is permitted
- Condominiums must meet the guidelines of the first mortgage
- There is a five-acre maximum on the size of the property
Meriwest Mortgage can make the process easy for you if you:
- are a first-time homebuyer
- plan to occupy the property as a primary residence
- complete homebuyer education counseling from an eligible homebuyer counseling organization
- meet generous CalHFA income limits for this program
- Dream it! Own it!
Let Meriwest Mortgage help you get the best rate with fast closing on your CalHFA loan.
HEART Loan Program
Downpayment assistance loans for first-time homebuyers in San Mateo County
Meriwest Mortgage and HEART of San Mateo County (heartofsmc.org) have created a unique loan package that is not offered by any other lender. Our goal is to help you purchase a home with 5% down payment and no PMI (Private Mortgage Insurance).
How does it work?
- HEART partner Meriwest Mortgage offers a 30-year, conforming or high-balance fixed-rate loan of up to $726,525.
- HEART offers a 15-year, below market rate second lien downpayment loan of up to $136,223.
- Maximum purchase price for this combination, together with 5% downpayment from the borrower, is $908,156.
- Borrower is not required to buy private mortgage insurance (PMI) which can cost thousands of dollars annually. This results in significant savings to the homebuyer.
- View Qualifications
Full program details are available at www.heartofsmc.org
Copyright 2019 Meriwest Mortgage Company, LLC. All rights reserved. Meriwest Mortgage Company, LLC is licensed in California by the Department of Business Oversight, License #4150034, pursuant to Financial Code Section 50121 and 50130(f) of the California residential Mortgage Lending Act and in Arizona by the Arizona State Banking Department, License #BK0904975. We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and Equal Credit Opportunity Act. Membership in Meriwest Credit Union may be required with a one-time, non-refundable $5 fee. Meriwest Credit Union is Federally Insured by NCUA.
Unlock the benefits of banking with Meriwest Credit Union
You can also call us at 877-MERIWEST (877) 637-4937