The Checking Account that Pays
Now with a $300 Bonus!1
Easy access to your money ... and a great dividend rate!
- 5.00% APY* on balances up to $15,000 for the first 6 months, plus a $300 Bonus1
- The remaining balance over $15,000 earns 0.10% APY*
- No Monthly Fees
- FREE ATM Access Anywhere with Unlimited Surcharge Rebates**
- New digital technology delivering seamless account management
- Unlimited Free Check Writing
Use Promo Code 300PROMO to take advantage of this limited time offer today! If you have any questions just call 877-637-4937 for more information.
On Step 5 of the Application Process, just enter 300PROMO here:
You are eligible to join Meriwest Credit Union if any of the following applies
- You live, work, worship, or attend school in Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco, San Mateo and Santa Clara counties of Northern California, and Pima county of Arizona.
- You are an employee of a participating Meriwest Credit Union member company.
- You are a relative of or reside with a current member of Meriwest Credit Union.
- If you don’t meet any of the requirements above but live in California or Arizona, you can still join Meriwest with a complimentary membership in the Financial Fitness Association. Call 1-877-637-4937 to learn more.
*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) is accurate as of 09/05/23 and promotional APY is subject to expire at any time. $20 is required to open the account and $100 minimum average balance required to earn stated APY. Balances up to $15,000 will earn 5.00% APY as long as the monthly criteria** are met during the first six (6) months from account opening. The remaining balance over $15,000 earns 0.10% APY and the resulting APY earned on the total balance will be a blended rate. If the monthly Account Eligibility criteria** are not met, the entire balance earns 0.01% APY. Once six (6) months from the date of account opening has lapsed, the APYs will revert to the current APYs in effect at that time. Please refer to the Rate Schedule for applicable dividend rate, APYs, and tiers. Variable rate account, rate may change after account opening. Fees may reduce earnings.
**To qualify for stated REWARDS in each current month, members must have met the following criteria in the immediate previous month: 1) At least 10 posted and cleared debit card transactions per month OR at least $500.00 in total posted and cleared debit card transactions per month (PIN or signature-based, not including ATM transactions); 2) Establish direct deposit ($1,000 total minimum per month); 3) E Documents enrollment (receive monthly e-statements and account notices electronically). Dividends earned will be calculated and ATM Surcharge Rebates will be refunded based on prior month-end data.
1. Promotional offer starts on 09/05/23 and is subject to expire at any time. Consumer accounts only. Limit one Bonus payment per member. To qualify for the Bonus, you must: (1) be a new Credit Union member or an existing member with no existing checking accounts, (2) open a new Smart Rewards Checking Account, and (3) meet the above monthly criteria** each month for at least three (3) consecutive months within the first six (6) months from account opening. Bonus will be deposited into the Smart Rewards Checking Account within 10-business days after the third consecutive month of meeting the criteria.
Membership requires a one-time non-refundable $5 fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are not signed up for Online Banking, visit your local branch along with a valid photo ID to receive your account number.
Not signed up? Get started with Online Banking for easy access to your accounts anytime, anywhere!
With Online Banking, you can view your account history, make online transfers, access Bill Pay & eStatements...and more! All from the comfort of your own home.
Can I use digital wallet options with my Meriwest debit card?
Yes! You can use your Meriwest Mastercard® Debit card to pay at millions of store locations that accept mobile payments, plus in apps and online. Get started today by clicking on the icons below.
Visit our Digital Wallet page for more information.
Control your debit card through your mobile devices
Our Mobile App allows you to freeze (disable) and unfreeze cards, as necessary. You can also immediately and permanently cancel a lost or stolen card. Simply search "Meriwest" in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to get started.
Visit our Mobile Banking page to learn more.
To find the minimum requirements for each type of checking account, visit our Compare Checking Accounts page.
Open a new checking account today!
If you are already a member, log in to Online Banking to open a new checking account.
A postdated check is a check written for a future date. A postdated check cannot be deposited until the date on the check.
No need to stop by the branch. Deposit your checks at your convenience with Mobile Deposit!
Easily deposit checks from anywhere with your mobile phone or tablet using the device's built-in camera
Learn more about the convenient features of Mobile Banking.
The stop payment fee is $20.00.
You can contact us at 1-877-Meriwest, visit one of our Meriwest Financial Centers or use Meriwest Online Banking to place a stop payment on a check.
Meriwest Online Banking
Online Banking from Meriwest is account management that fits your schedule. It's FREE and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Once you have registered for Online Banking, you can:
- Review all your account balances, transactions and history.
- Reorder checks.
- Transfer funds between your Meriwest accounts and your accounts at other financial institutions.
- Protect the environment and your security by receiving monthly FREE
e-Statements; archived for 16 months, and available for download or to print, view your check images monthly, and manage your annual tax forms.
- Set-up and receive e-mail or phone text alerts for more security and easier management of your accounts. Designate the events of your choice, such as when an account balance goes above or below a certain amount, when an electronic deposit arrives in your account, when a certain check clears, or when there is an ATM transaction, and more.
- Search your accounts based on dates, description, check number or amount.
- Set up and manage one-time and recurring transfers or payments.
- Maintain and review up to 180 days of account history.
- Access Free Bill Pay to manage your bills in one place and even pay individuals with our P2P feature.
If you are an existing member, you can open additional accounts through Online Banking. Log in to your Online Membership Application. Online Banking account and select 'Open New Account'. Select 'Checking, Savings, MM or Certificate'. From here, you will be presented with a list of current products that are offered by Meriwest. If you are not a member yet, you can open a new account and apply for membership through our Online Membership Application.
Whether you're already a member or applying for the first time, you can also visit one of our branch locations to speak to a representative.
Discover all Meriwest has to offer!
Yes! We offer the following business checking options:
Meriwest can offer dividends on checking accounts to all business members, unlike the typical bank. Regardless of the size or requirements of your business, Meriwest has the solution to fit your business checking needs.
Compare our business checking accounts and find the best fit for you!
Our debit card comes with a host of enhanced MasterCard benefits:
- Transactions are deducted directly from your Meriwest Checking Account
- No finance charges or monthly payments
- Security and peace of mind of chip technology
- Zero liability for purchases made in the store, over the telephone, online, or via a mobile device, and ATM transactions
- And much more!
Visit our ATM Debit Cards page for more information.
Fees may be charged for cashier’s checks.
All fees are subject to change. Find a list of current fees and service charges on the fee schedule.